To have a roundup of TechCrunch’s biggest and hottest stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3 PM PT, Subscribe here.
It’s Friday, and that means… In fact, we don’t really know what that means anymore, other than we’ll be sitting in the sunshine and basking in the last few days of warm weather before it’s time to be envious of antipodeans for the next six months. – Christine And the pilgrim
Top Tech Crunch 3
- late in fashion: Epic Games loved distributed computing startup Hadean so much that he didn’t want to miss the opportunity to support it. pee He has more on how and why Epic managed to get a $30 million Series A investment.
- From cute to blingLife insurance isn’t often an exciting topic, but Strava co-founder Mark Shaw thinks he’s found a way to “beat it” with Inclined, a company that lends against whole life insurance policies, Mary Ann Writes. The company is now streaming $15 million in Series A.
- Shopping for healthcareHealth care is a complex network of doctors, labs, and payers that rarely seem to be connected. Kenyan startup Ponea Health is changing that by offering a healthcare market that brings everyone together, that I reports.
Startups and VC
The cryptocurrency market is flooded with perpetual, options-centralized (Binance, FTX) and decentralized ETH-based platforms (Dydx, Opyn and Perpetual Protocol). Nibiru is trying to build the first major decentralized multi-chain solution. Tribe Capital GP was co-founded by Arjun Sethi and Just raised $7.5 million in seed funding valuation of $100 million, Manly… masculine reports.
A cloud kitchen—also known as a ghost kitchen or communal kitchen—provides restaurateurs and food entrepreneurs with low-cost commercial kitchen space for food delivery and takeout. A Manila-based startup called CloudEats, runs cloud kitchens across the Philippines and Vietnam, You just raised $7 million to extend the Series A To accelerate the digitization of food services in Southeast Asia, Kate reports.
8 investors discuss what lies ahead for reproductive health startups in a post-Road world
Dominic Madhuri Davis polled eight investors about the role that venture capital might play in this new era where Americans no longer have the legal right to have an abortion.
Dobbs Supreme Court Decision Impacting More Than Health Care and Personal Privacy: Is Capital and Talent Fleeing From US States That Restrict Reproductive Rights? Will investors support more startups that expand access to healthcare?
Given the “fragile relationship between risk money and ethics,” Dominic Madhuri asked the group how they plan to exert influence – and how they would prefer entrepreneurs to deal with them:
- Hessie Jones, Partner, MATR Ventures
- Lisa Calhoun, Gary Pete and William Leonard, Valor Ventures
- Mekka Tart, CEO, Startup Runway
- Ed Zimmerman, Co-Founder, First Close Partners
- Theodora Lau, founder of Unconventional Ventures
- McKeever Conwell, founder of RareBreed Ventures
Recently on TechCrunch+:
TechCrunch+ is our membership program that helps founders and startup teams get ahead of the pack. You can register here. Use code “DC” to get 15% off annual subscription!
Big Tech Inc.
Who knows baseball simulation game Will it spread well at the height of the epidemic? The game squad certainly did. Amanda He talks with the makers of Blaseball about how the game is building for the future.
- Break in a new show: If you are a Breaking Bad fan, announce the show maker New offer for Apple TV +And the Evan Writes.
- back clap: The California Civil Rights Department is now looking into a file Countersuit from Tesla After a judge refused to dismiss a case involving racial bias at the electric car giant. Rebecca He has more.
- new boss: Ex-Google Ads CEO Alan Thijsen has a new job: working as New CEO of DocuSignAnd the rune reports.
- There is no shortage of offer here: Jacqueline Reports on GM Ventures’ New Investment in Lithion Recyclinga Canadian battery recycling company, to keep juice flowing for General Motors’ electric fleet.
- urgent message: Elections are held in Italy on Sunday, and the country is tense Measures to interfere in electionsSo I send a message to the Meta asking for information on how Facebook plans to manage this, Natasha L Writes.