No. 1/1 South Carolina faces its first SEC street take a look at Monday night time in Georgia. Tipoff vs. is about to 7 p.m. ET on the SEC Community. Press launch written by USC Athletics Communications and Public Relations
- Whereas the 2022-23 schedule for South Carolina was not the top coach’s gauntlet Daybreak Staley Created for its 2021-22 crew, the Gamecocks’ three video games towards ranked opponents are greater than 18 different top-25 or extra groups. Their three wins in these video games are tied for second amongst seeded groups.
- Seven completely different Gamecocks have led or tied for the crew lead in scoring no less than as soon as this season, and have scored 12 targets in double figures no less than as soon as.
- South Carolina’s protection continues to dominate – main the NCAA in scoring protection (43.1 ppg), discipline aim share protection (. 260) and protection with 3 factors share (. 203) and blocks per recreation (10.2).
- The Gamecock’s sly offense must also be getting its due this season, rating 14th within the nation in scoring (82.6 ppg) and sixteenth in discipline aim share (. 474).
- Staley has been capable of masterfully develop her bench within the early a part of the season, preserving the load off the beginning lineup — Cooke leads with 23.2 minutes per recreation — and giving her junior bench 101.5 minutes per recreation. The result’s a balanced rookie scoring common of 39.9 factors versus 42.7 off the bench.
- Boston’s Aaliyah, Nationwide Participant of the 12 months, is clearly dominating opponents’ scouting studies with schemes designed to sluggish them down. It is nonetheless rising, averaging 11.9 factors in simply 23.1 minutes per recreation (translating to twenty.6 factors per 40 minutes).
- Zia Cooke’s accumulation of SEC work has been spectacular, as he is averaged 16.4 factors on 48.4 % taking pictures and a pair of.4 assists over the past 5 video games. She shot 52.6 % over her final two rounds.
- The Brea Beal model’s protection is getting stronger this season. Peer to Synergy, she’s solely allowed 3.0 ppg this season, together with six video games to close out her defensive task.
The Woman Bulldogs nonetheless maintain the general lead at 22-33, however the Gamecocks have gained their final 15 conferences, together with their final 5 journeys to Stegeman Coliseum.
Of their most up-to-date assembly, South Carolina gained a top-20 recreation on February 13, 2022. The Gamecocks led #17 Georgia 72-54 behind an 18-point, 12-rebound double-double from eventual nationals. Aaliyah Normal Boston. South Carolina led 51-25 at halftime, which was sufficient to cap off a chilly second half.
By the numbers
6 – Six of the Gamecocks are ranked among the many high 15 shot blockers within the league, together with 4 gamers who come off the bench.
48.9 – The Gamecocks bench shoots 48.9 % from the sphere this season.
49.6 – South Carolina secures 49.6 % of missed hits, rating second within the nation in offensive rebound share.
The street is prepared
The Gamecocks are 290-260 all-time in street video games, together with a 115-46 mark below head coach Daybreak Staley. Her successful share of . 714 on the street is the most effective in program historical past.
In SEC street video games, the Gamecocks are between 78 and 33 (. 703) throughout Staley’s tenure.
South Carolina yearly ranks among the many finest shot blocking groups within the nation and leads once more this season with 10.2 blocks per recreation (the second-place crew is Florida State at 7.0).
The Gamecocks have blocked 25.3% of their opponent’s two-point makes an attempt, which additionally leads the nation. They’ve posted double-digit blocks 5 instances this season, led by 16 towards Coastal Carolina (Dec. 21).
The Six Gamecocks are among the many high 15 shot-blockers within the SEC, with the crew chief — Kamilla Cardoso (1.92) — rating third within the league and twenty sixth within the nation. The second Gamecock is simply as sudden as guard Brea Beal’s 1.62 blocks per recreation are fourth within the SEC.
Alia Boston (1.54, 7) edges out the triple for tenth. .